1. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION BELOW Tell us all about you and let's see if we can make a love match. Until we know about your home and your experience we won't know which animals will do best in your home! Please take your time and complete the application thoroughly.
2. CONDUCT PHONE INTERVIEW Once your application has been received and reviewed, we will contact you via email within 24 hours. We will then proceed with a phone interview, generally within 72 hours. Please make sure you provide the best possible phone number for us to contact you.
3. MEET AND GREET Once you are approved as a foster, it's time to choose who will come home with you! We ask fosters to come to Sunday events in the afternoon to choose a friend who hasn't found his/her fur-ever home yet. You do not have to make a long-term committment to the dog you choose, but you will need to keep him/her in your home at least until the next event.
4. FIND A FUR-EVER HOME As a foster parent, you will help your new buddy find a permanent home. This involves bringing the dog to adoption events as well as talking to adoption applicants at events or over the phone.
If you find you're not clicking with your new friend, bring him/her back to our next adoption event. There, you can choose to foster a different dog that might fit better in your home or to take a break from fostering.
5. DO IT AGAIN! It can be hard to say goodbye once a dog has been in your home for a while (some of us don't and end up with permanent family members), but remember that every space in a foster home means another dog can be saved from a shelter. Many of our fosters find that though parting is bittersweet, finding fur-ever homes for our dogs is extremely rewarding.